Save Our Environment for Our Children
Pursuant to Permit No 48-03, the Arab City Landfill is classified as a Construction- Demolition landfill site. As such, and according to regulations established by the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM), we are able to accept only inert materials and specifically CANNOT accept the following items into the site:
- Garbage, Burnt Garbage, Animal Wastes
- Chemical or Hazardous Wastes
- Medical Wastes, Industrial Wastes, Sludge, Closed Containers
- Pressure treated lumber, power poles, railroad lumber or cross-ties.
- Paint in liquid form. ADEM regulations required paint to be poured onto old carpet, lumber, drywall or any other acceptable material and dried.
- Paint thinner, gasoline or other petroleum products
- Household garbage – anything normally thrown away inside a home is considered household garbage (empty food bags/containers, diapers, hairspray cans, household cleaning bottles, spoiled food, etc.)
- Tires *, TVs *, Batteries, and Fluorescent Light Bulbs
Tipping Fee Schedule as of November 4, 2016
Minimum Charge for loads less than 700 lbs. – $15.00
Charge for loads over 700 lbs. – $36.00 per ton (rounded to closest dollar amount)
* Surcharges – in addition to load rates:
|Car and truck tires||$ 2.00 each|
|Tractor trailer or commercial tires||$ 7.00 each|
|Farm Tractor tires||$ 15.00 to $ 20.00|
* Fees for larger tires will be higher and dependent on size.
Television and computer monitors:
|19″ and smaller||$ 3.00 each|
|21″ to 27″||$ 4.00 each|
|Televisions with screens over 40″||$ 6.00 each|
* Televisions are not permitted to be buried at the Arab Landfill. A dumpster is provided for disposal of these items.
Arab City Landfill
1443 Hog Jaw Road
Arab, Alabama 35016
Phone: (256) 586-2666
Dameon Pittenger, Environmental Coordinator
Email Dameon Pittenger
Lester Dake, Foreman
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
(Excluding Holiday Weekends)
Method of Payments Accepted:
Cash or Check Only