Planning & Zoning
The City of Arab has a mission to serve the citizens of Arab by ensuring effective administration of codes and regulations related to good planning and zoning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration and enforcement of zoning codes
- Process applications for subdivision approvals by Planning Commission
- Provide staff support for Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Makes rezoning recommendations to the City Council
- Gives final approval of new subdivisions
- Approves & revises elements of the Comprehensive Plan
- Makes zoning code revision recommendations to the City Council.
To petition to be rezoned, applicant must complete the following:
- Contact Planning staff to verify property eligibility for rezoning.
- Pay rezoning process fee.
- Provide copy of a recorded property deed to verify ownership.
- Provide written statement explaining reason for rezone.
- Submit Rezoning Application with original & notarized signatures.
- Provide photos of any structures on the site that may be needed.